L&Q at Mandeville Place is a brand new extra care development in Saffron Walden, launching in early 2019. Within this exciting new development, there will be 1 & 2 bedroom apartments, which are exclusively available to over 55’s who need a level of extra care support.

Located on Radwinter Road in the charming market town Saffron Walden, the brand new self-contained apartments within Cornell Court at this development offer an alternative to residential care and have a range of facilities such as personal care, health services and social activities which can be delivered to residents within the comfort of their own home.

With 24-hour on-site care support for a range of needs, homes within Cornell Court at Mandeville Place also offer modern kitchens and bathrooms and the latest assistive technology, complimented by large communal spaces to relax and entertain in, as well as garden areas and a full activity programme.

Example 1 bedroom apartment:

Full market value – £270,000
75% share value – £202,500

Example 2 bedroom apartment:

Full market value – £310,000
75% share value – £232,500

Situated in North-West Essex, Mandeville Place is located on Radwinter Road in the charming picturesque medieval market town Saffron Walden. Saffron Walden is a town of rich heritage, with an array of historic buildings, such as the Jacobian mansion Audley End House and Saffron Walden Museum, and the largest parish church in Essex at its heart.

On Tuesdays and Saturdays, the well-known Saffron Walden market is held. Shoppers who visit the market can expect a wide variety of goods. Throughout the year, a number of differently themed markets take place in the town’s market place throughout the year, with Italian and French being some examples. Beyond the Market Place in Saffron Walden, there are many independent shops and restaurants to choose from.

Saffron Walden also offers a variety of transport links to choose from ranging from railway services, bus routes and motorway connections. Firstly, from Audley End – the development’s nearest railway station which is only 3 miles away, there are two trains per hour south bound to Liverpool Street and northbound to Cambridge. Several bus routes also operate in the area and there is a bus stop situated on the same road as the development. From the bus stop, there are links to the centre of Saffron Walden and other towns such as Haverhill, Whittlesford, Great Yeldham, Great Sailing, Newport, Rayne and Wethersfield. Lastly, the M11 is to the west of the development, with the nearest junction a 10 minute drive away.

This affordable extra care scheme provides people aged 55 or over an affordable home ownership option. Using the scheme, you purchase a share of 75% in your new home at L&Q at Mandeville Place, and you don’t have to pay any rent on the remaining 25%.

CGI is representative of L&Q development(s). Images depict typical L&Q show homes.

Priority will be given to applicants with a local connection to the local area.

Applicants will also need to have a minimum care requirements based on assessment. Further details can be provided on request.

Pricing TBC

L&Q at Mandeville Place – Cornell Court, CB11

From £202,500 for a 75% share
Brand new extra care development in Saffron Walden, Essex
Brand new quality apartments with private outside space